Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kolkata/Calcutta

All my grandparents live in Kolkata. My parents were born there. I have been there many times. India is very warm. For them cold is like the middle of fall in America. They do not know how cold it is here, in America. The worst part for me and everyone in another country (besides India) is the... the... I am tired of it so much that I can't say it but I will... Traffic!!!! The worst thing that is possible in India is Traffic!
Anyways  I gone to India last fall. I could live without  traffic forever!  Everything else is perfect ( for India). FYI I have a journal my teacher gave me so I could write everthing in it. I started to write a poem in my journal on the plane to India and finished it in India. Here it is:

Kolkata

Kolkata Kolkata your my favorite mate
Your history and fantasy is really really great!
The city is fabulous but, very hard to get through
It will give you a headache maybe one maybe two
The honking cars, the barking dogs,
The yelling people and the winter smogs
All make a mush thats not easy to push
As I wait for a taxi to come 
I stand in the hot hot burning sun
I get impatient as I wait and I wait 
In my head a voice is saying the taxi is late!
"Uh!" I grumble as I stare at the street 
I see a group of people and guess who I meet...
My cousins and friends
It never ends
The people I see 
Are related to me
 "No more taxi! Yipee!!"
I shouted with glee
Well, that's enough about Kolkata
If you want to go too it is a pleasure to bring you
Kolkata Kolkata your very unique
No other city has Kolkata's technique

So that is a poem
I have written today
writer Aunnesha Bhowmick 
I say!


That is my poem. I hope you go to India! 

PS: Try to avoid traffic, though I do not think it is possible.